[Ambassadors] just a question (to whom it may concern)

inode0 inode0 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 12 01:52:54 UTC 2010

On Sat, Sep 11, 2010 at 3:15 PM, Scott Dowdle <dowdle at montanalinux.org> wrote:
> Greetings,

I don't know Gerold personally either but I do know he is a long time
Fedora contributor so I consider him my friend and while I find the
question posed without any context that I'm aware of to be odd I am
unwilling to infer anything from that beyond that I don't understand
why he asked it.

This is the second thread this week that disturbs me because
contributors seem far to eager to assume something negative about a
fellow contributor without having any reason to make such assumptions.
I'd like to encourage everyone to remember that our community is based
on shared values, we are friends, and it is just as easy in a case
like this to assume something has happened to our friend to make him
wonder if he is appreciated as a member of the community as it is to
assume anything else.

John