[Ambassadors] Fwd: Re: just a question (to whom it may concern)

Jens Kühnel fedora at jens.kuehnel.org
Fri Sep 17 08:21:19 UTC 2010

This mail was eaten by the Fedora-Amabassadors list.

So here it is again.

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Betreff: Re: [Ambassadors] just a question (to whom it may concern)
Datum: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 22:36:23 +0200
Von: Jens Kuehnel <jens at kuehnel.org>
An: ambassadors at lists.fedoraproject.org

Hi Gerold, Hi all,

Let me ask a different question: Where would Fedora in Central Europe
(DACH) without you?

A lot of the active or former-active Fedora Community Members in Germany
and Swiss are a direct or indirect consequence of your activities for
Fedora.

You are one of the the driving forces in Germany. Maybe you are not at
so many events anymore, but you helped organizing the basis for our
current avtivities.

See this year at the Linuxtag in Berlin. You didn't do it, and no one
took the banner to organize the event. At the end we were quite a few
people there, but no booth or anything like that. I was wearing a Fedora
shirt and had to answer one question a hundred times: "Where is the
Fedora booth". We where missed! There will a booth next year, but a lot
smaller.

If you are tired of your job as president, than offer it on the next
member meeting. But I think you are pissed about the ban of the use of
the trademark name Fedora for the Fedora EMEA e.V. This is especially
bad after we (the e.V. = registered association) asked repetedly for
confirmation and recieving it. Maybe we did not receive it actively, by
a letter saying "You are allowed". But RedHat knew what we where doing
(including a high ranking RedHat employee at the table) and did nothing
to stop that or told us to rename it. I think you and I are not alone in
our anger about that. I'm pretty sure we will discuss this in detail at
the next member meeting.

If you are tired take a "vacation" from Fedora. I do the same at the
moment. We have so many "passive" Ambassador, one more will not make any
change. Please don't leave!

CU on friday.

CU
Jens

P.S.: It's interesting that this kind of question are always asked by
people who should stay. Maybe there is a rule there, if you ask that
question: Simply stay!

P.P.S.: We don't delete inactive ambassadors, so where comes the rush to
delete yourself. If you didn't do one hint of fedora after 2 years. You
still can delete you ambassadorship!