[Ambassadors] f14 to use upstart instead of systemd

Jukka Palander jukka at devspain.com
Wed Sep 22 12:54:09 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-09-22 at 07:32 -0500, Daniel VanStone wrote:
> Hello Ambassadors,
>
> I just thought that other ambassadors may want know this information.
>
> On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 02:04:06PM +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > As a quick reminder, we might have to update any marketing material
> > regarding systemd
> >

> http://www.h-online.com/open/news/item/Fedora-14-to-use-Upstart-not-systemd-1079435.html
>
> It is from the marketing list.
>
> Daniel

I do not get it. This is confusing!

Some of the news say:

http://www.h-online.com/open/news/item/Fedora-14-to-use-Upstart-not-systemd-1079435.html

"Fedora 14 to use Upstart not systemd" (this headline clearly states
that it _will_ use the Upstart!!)

"The Fedora Engineering Steering Committee (FESCo) has decided to use
Upstart instead of systemd"

..and then the text there switch it "upside down" by saying:

"Systemd, an alternative to SysV Init and Upstart, released in late
April and used in the alpha of Fedora 14, is now scheduled to become
part of the standard system in Fedora 15."

...and then again some say it will use systemd instead than others:

http://www.h-online.com/open/news/item/First-pre-release-version-of-Fedora-14-1064587.html

"The most profound change is a behind the scenes switch to systemd, an
alternative to sysvinit and upstart released in May. Lately Fedora has
been using upstart to launch the system and services, but has continued
to use sysvinit scripts."

So, systemd or Upstart? Which one????