[Ambassadors] f14 to use upstart instead of systemd

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Thu Sep 23 17:01:30 UTC 2010

 On 09/23/2010 05:42 AM, David Ramsey wrote:

> Rahul, I tried out Systemd during the Testing Days on 2010-09-07  -
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Day:2010-09-07_Systemd since
> Systemd is not on initially on Fedora 14 rawhide, how do I start
> Systemd?  Is there a reference wiki/link or other information to do
> so?  Thank you for your time and help.  :)

Rawhide has systemd by default and you don't need to do anything special
to test it.  If you are testing systemd in Fedora 14, you will have to
pass init=/bin/systemd as a boot option since the current default is
upstart.   Note that testing systemd in Fedora 14 might not be as useful
as testing Rawhide since it is unlikely to get any updates for Fedora 14.

Rahul