[Ambassadors] EMEA media production for F14
christoph.wickert at googlemail.com
Wed Sep 29 19:13:03 UTC 2010
Hi fellow ambassadors in the EMEA region,
it's time to think about the media production for F14, in fact, we are
already late. The deadline for telling the design team which sleeves to
produce was on Monday.
Some observations from the F13 cycle:
* We produced more money than ever before (6000 in total)
* We already distributed nearly all media. ATM all events in the
wiki for Q3 already received the media they need.
* We managed to ship (300 to Kenya, 200 to Nigeria, 300 to Benin,
100 to Mauritius)
* We did spins (Xfce and LXDE) for the first time. We'll have to
revisit if they were a success.
* Shipping to anchor points in several countries for for further
distribution seems efficient, but having more than one anchor
seems inefficient: When we are running out of media, one has
only GNOME while the other has KDE and the next has Install
1. How much money can we spend? I opened a ticket in FAMSCO's trac
and they will discuss my request in the next meeting. For F13 we
had 4600 US$ + 1000US$ for Africa = 5600 US$ in total, but I
don't think we've spent it all. Sascha, what was the exact
2. Should we reserve a special amount of media for Africa again?
3. Given that we have the same budget as in the F13 cycle, should
we go with the same numbers again?
4. Should we do LXDE and Xfce again? ATM we have a lot of Xfce left
but only very little LXDE. Small batches are more expensive.
5. Should we revisit the media process again? For the future, we
should start earlier, thus I suggest to align the process with
the Alpha and Beta releases as already proposed in .
6. How can we speed up the process in order to have media already
for release events?
7. Can we optimize the media distribution? Although I like the
concept of anchor points in different countries/regions, we IMHO
need one (!) master distributor that has a large pool of media
to make sure all different media are available. This person
needs to be able to pay with one of the new Red Hat debit cards
because his shipping costs will be to high.
I would like to discuss these questions in the ambassadors meeting,
22:00 UTC in #fedora-meeting (less than an hour from now).
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/ambassadors/2010-March/013967.html at the bottom
More information about the ambassadors