[Ambassadors] [EMEA] F15 media production

Kévin Raymond shaiton at fedoraproject.org
Tue Apr 12 11:48:50 UTC 2011

On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 12:18 AM, Christoph Wickert
<christoph.wickert at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Am Dienstag, den 12.04.2011, 00:04 +0200 schrieb Kévin Raymond:
>> I EMEA ambassadors,
>>
>> Could anyone tell me the F15 media production stage?
>
>     1. I have quotes at http://cwickert.fedorapeople.org/media/
>     2. I have signed the paperwork and sent it to the media company
>     3. I have not yet ordered because I received the PO number just
>        yesterday and we have nothing to give them yet, because neither
>        the artwork nor the ISOs are ready.
>
> As soon as we figured out the last bits about the Multi Desktop / Multi
> Arch media I will place the order. When the media company has everything
> they need it takes 7-9 days until they have finished the media.
> Calculate some more days for shipping.
>
>> I've read the last meeting minutes but was not able to truly find it.
>
> What exactly did you miss in
> http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2011-04-06/fedora-meeting.2011-04-06-20.06.html
>
>> Is there a trac ticket for that?
>
> Yes, at https://fedorahosted.org/famsco/ticket/157 but you'll not be
> able to see it.
>
>> Quantity already fixed?
>
> Yes, as per meeting minutes, variant 8 with 6000 media, DVDs only.
>
> A small update on this: With XZ compression the images are now so small
> that they might even fit on a regular DVD and we don't need dual layer.
>
> Regards,
> Christoph

Thank you Christoph,

I've seen the quote, but was not sure about the budget (fixed or not),
delays ect. For me, the quote is needed to fix a budget, therefor i
needed a summary to understand where we are. You told me everything
that I was looking for, thanks.

--
Kévin Raymond
User:shaiton