[Ambassadors] New Ambadassadors; Chris Whitehorn, Lord Drachenblut, Andy Grover

Mark Terranova Markdude at fedoraproject.org
Wed Dec 7 20:45:37 UTC 2011

Hello Fedorans, it is with great pride I welcome some great additions to
Fedora's Ambassadors program.

Chris Whitehorn is a great addition to the project. He has been involved
since Core 1. He is keen on advocating for Linux in general- with great
emphasis on what we do in the Fedora Project. His contributions have
already been great, now he will do them as official Ambadassador. Even
before officially joining, he has been very helpful in local release
events. He was also very influential in getting me to see the benefits of
the Fedora Project in the first place (along with Larry, Karsten, Grant and
many others.) http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Sexycatsinhats

Lord D is a FOSS advocate that has a reputation that proceeds him. He is an
advocate for Free & Open Source Software. He organizes the Indiana Linux
Fest http://www.indianalinux.org/cms/  I saw him tabling for ILF at Ohio
Linux Fest and was very impressed. When he contacted me about being an
Ambassador, I KNEW he would be a great addition to the project. He knows
how important Fedora is to Linux in general. He also requested we put
together a FAD (Fedora Activity Day) for ILF, and we are planning it now.
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Lorddrachenblut

Andy Grover joined Red Hat earlier this year, and has been working on iscsi
target support. This has led him to become much more involved with
Fedora, naturally :) His goal was to table for Fedora at the  Open Source
Day at Grace Hopper
2011 (http://gracehopper.org/2011/) where 3000+ technical women
convened. More about the event on his blog
http://groveronline.com/2011/11/fedora-and-open-source-at-grace-hopper-2011/
When
we spoke on the phone, it was very clear what a great addition he is to
Fedora. He has plans to do other tech conferences in Portland OR.
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Grover

When you get a chance - say hello to these nice folks,

Mark Terranova
 *Fedora Ambassador Mentor* for *North America*
*Community Manager for *http://partimus.org/
(510) 228-4646
ALL Hail Tux the Penguin!