[Ambassadors] [X-post] Attention: Ambassadors from India

Ankur Sinha sanjay.ankur at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 22:08:54 UTC 2011

Hello all,

I hope you're all doing well. According to this page[1], there are 31
ambassadors in Fedora India.

I'd very gently like to remind all 31 of us of the duties of a Fedora
Ambassador[2]:

> Duties and functions
>
>     organizes the general structure of Ambassadors project;
>     distributes resources globally;
>     organizes global initiatives;
>     coordinates membership management and the mentoring initiative.
>     promotes the cohesion between Ambassadors and Regions;
>     nominates the Ambassadors Membership Administrator;
>     promotes the diffusion of the Fedora Project's principles.
>     resolve any disputes brought before it

I'd request each one to please check how many of the duties listed above
one is carrying out. If you feel you're doing them, well enough,
however, if you aren't doing *any* of these, I'd request you to please
find ways of carrying these duties out. (The other alternative being to
respectfully hand in your ambassador status. You can be a developer, a
contributor to another team, but that does not make you an ambassador by
default. It is voluntary, but once you sign up, you are accountable to
the community.)

I'm very disappointed with the response to the Local Contacts scheme[3].
It was supposed to be India-centric, but more foreigners have signed up
than Indians! The mail was sent out to the -india and freemedia mailing
lists, and I have, therefore, received more help from the freemedia
mailing list here! Out of the entire list of 31 Indian Ambassadors, only
*2* have signed up (that is *one* person other than me). Some of us are
in the free media program, other than that, no one seems interested.
Please contribute. Spreading Fedora is the *main* duty of an ambassador.
If you're not doing this, what are you doing? It's an earnest request.

I'd also like to remind you that in spite of repeated requests for help
on the freemedia front to the India list, we still have very few active
contributors there.

[1]
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors/MembershipService/Verification#India_.2831.29
[2]
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors_project_structure#Duties_and_functions
[3] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/LocalContacts#List

PS: cc'd to the Ambassadors' list to keep them informed.

--
Thanks,
Regards,

http://dodoincfedora.wordpress.com/