[Ambassadors] FAMSCo 2011 Election Result

David Ramsey diamond_ramsey at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 8 22:08:44 UTC 2011

Hello Everyone,

Neville, thank you for your e-mail. :)

> I think that we have more people, more ways to interact and more
> specific niches of collaboration (even within the ambassador team). So,
> it is some how logic that some people write emails, others hang on IRC,
> others vote and not everyone is on all channels. So the grow it is not
> reflected the same on different instances, like voting. I do not want to
> force people to vote. Furthemore, with a flat structure and a high level
> of autonomy, for a lot of ambassadors it does not make much difference
> who is at Famsco.

Very true.  :)

> I feel that I did a warm job at Famsco. Not bad, but not great either.
> No enough people think is that bad as to change the way things are being
> doing... No enough people think is that great as to parade showing
> support.

I think you did a great job, Neville.  ;)

> In other hand, I think that probably will be useful to review how the
> ambassadors have been performing on things that are core to the team.
> Like for example how many events, and how many of those were properly
> reported. That it is more relevant for fedora project than if everybody
> voted.

That is a very good idea, and I concur 100%!  :D

> In any case, I would like to see ideas to increase vote interest that
> does not include compulsory voting. Specially because I have none.

I strongly agree with more increased voter interest, too.  ;)

Please have a Great Fedora day! :~)

Thank You

Sincerely

=-=-=-=-=

- David -

=-=-=-=-=

David Ramsey

---------------------------------

一石二鳥
いっせきにちょう

One stone; two birds.

To kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

=

Fedora Project's Japan & Maryland Ambassador dramsey at fedoraproject.org
* http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Dramsey
With sixteen (16) x86_64 computing cores, 80 GB of RAM and eight SATA
Seagate 7200.12 - 500 GB harddisks.
The system definitions are at the following URL:
* https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Dramsey#Using_embedded_code_have_updates_automatically_done_for_running_systems.27_status

=