[Ambassadors] FAmSco meeting 2011-12-14 minutes

Larry Cafiero larry.cafiero at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 23:50:11 UTC 2011

Well, never let the voice of experience get in the way of a flippant remark. :-)

Let's take a look at past FAmSCo and their make-up in regard to which
time zones they're in, shall we (and we'll count North America and
South America together since they share time zones)?

Current: 2 Europe, 2 Asia/Australia, 3 North America/South America
Last: 1 Europe, 3 Asia/Australia, 3 North America/South America
Dec. 2009-Dec. 2010: 2 Europe, 0 Asia/Australia, 5 North America/South America
Jan. 2009-Dec. 2009: 3 Europe, 0 Asia/Australia, 4 North America/South America
Jan. 2008-Dec. 2008: 4 Europe, 0 Asia/Australia, 3 North America/South America
Oct 2006-Dec. 2007: 2 Europe, 0 Asia/Australia, 5 North America/South America
As for the original FAmSCo that came before this one, six of the nine
members were in North America.

Source: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FAmSCo_history

So I think past FAmSCos "managed this for years before the last one"
because they were within a reasonable window of time zones. This is
why it's more problematic now and, hopefully, this group can achieve a
schedule where someone (and it's usually the North American/South
American contingent) doesn't have to get up an ungodly early hour.

Larry Cafiero