[Ambassadors] FAmSco meeting 2011-12-14 minutes

John T. Rose rose at iastate.edu
Thu Dec 15 00:08:39 UTC 2011

On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 5:50 PM, Larry Cafiero <larry.cafiero at gmail.com> wrote:
> Well, never let the voice of experience get in the way of a flippant remark. :-)
>
> Let's take a look at past FAmSCo and their make-up in regard to which
> time zones they're in, shall we (and we'll count North America and
> South America together since they share time zones)?
>
> Current: 2 Europe, 2 Asia/Australia, 3 North America/South America
> Last: 1 Europe, 3 Asia/Australia, 3 North America/South America
> Dec. 2009-Dec. 2010: 2 Europe, 0 Asia/Australia, 5 North America/South America
> Jan. 2009-Dec. 2009: 3 Europe, 0 Asia/Australia, 4 North America/South America
> Jan. 2008-Dec. 2008: 4 Europe, 0 Asia/Australia, 3 North America/South America
> Oct 2006-Dec. 2007: 2 Europe, 0 Asia/Australia, 5 North America/South America
> As for the original FAmSCo that came before this one, six of the nine
> members were in North America.

I will grant that the addition of APAC representatives must surely
make the task a little more difficult but let's not throw up our hands
and think it insurmountable because once there was a failure on
FAmSCo's part to accommodate all members to everyone's satisfaction.

And there is really no timezone situation that explains only one
single new member of FAmSCo appearing at its first meeting.

John