[Ambassadors] FAmSco meeting 2011-12-14 minutes

inode0 inode0 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 03:20:59 UTC 2011

On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 8:59 PM, Max Spevack <mspevack at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> Ah, the joys of knowing the history of these things.
>
> http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/famsco/2010-January/000002.html
>
> You'll note that the current famsco at lists.fedoraproject.org started in
> January 2010.  No coincidence that it was at the same time as 2010's FAMSCO
> started, and made the decision that it was time to open that list's archives
> up.
>
> I'm going to try to dig up some older mails that had the reasoning behind
> that, because this ground has been covered before.

Was there more behind it than making some people stop harping on and
on about it? :)

So I do have still something of an issue regarding the mail list.
Having an open archive is great for creating a public record of
discussion, but is really bad for keeping ambassadors in the loop or
otherwise engaging them in what is being discussed as remembering to
periodically go read the archive not knowing what if anything has been
discussed there I am sure isn't something very many people are
disciplined enough to do.

If there is any way possible to either (a) open the list so I can
subscribe to it and receive mail in the normal course of events or (b)
mirror the mail to another list I can subscribe to and receive mail in
the normal course of events or (c) tell me how I might accomplish this
using the archive would make me do a backflip. I would love to keep
informed but really it is too much of a burden to go check archives
with any regularity for me to do that.

Thanks,
John