[Ambassadors] Meeting reminders (was Re: URGENT REMINDER: EMEA ambassadors meeting today 2011-12-14)

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at googlemail.com
Thu Dec 15 10:01:38 UTC 2011

Am Donnerstag, den 15.12.2011, 04:32 -0500 schrieb Kévin Raymond:
> Sorry guys, for me It would be hard to make it by that time, now.

> >> Uhh, that should have been "~ hour from now", now it's only 30 miuntes
> >> left. Damn daylight saving.
> > Just seeing this reminder :-( And had totally forgotten that two weeks had
> > elapsed
>
> Hey, Is that a +1 for my proposition[1]? :)
> Christoph, I've already told you about a static meeting wiki page… You
> didn't get the real advantage, do you?

Huh? Just because I didn't respond to your email I did not understand
it? I didn't even see that mail because you sent it to the logistics
list.

And why does it matter if I give my +1 or not? I am just an ambassador
like all other ambassadors, too. Even though I was elected for FAmSCo
and got the most votes, I am not the King of Ambassadors.

Fedora is a meritocraty and we need people to make changes. Go ahead and
do it.

But to answer your questions from the logistics list [1]:
      * Yes, I think https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Meetings needs to be
        reworked.
      * No, I don't want it to become a static page but a category page.
        All meeting pages then just need proper categories
        (Ambassadors:Meetings:EMEA:2011) to show up in an list or tree
        ordered by year, region or whatever you like. The most important
        thing is that https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Meetings does not
        need to be edited for every meeting.
      * Even if the agenda of meetings doesn't change much, I think we
        should have individual wiki pages for them. These pages then
        include links to the meeting minutes etc.
      * I don't see why time should be a problem and needs to be
        extracted from a wiki page. Instead we should just use UTC for
        everything.

Unfortunately I don't have the time to work on this and if you want to
do something, go ahead. It will be an improvement over the current
situation, so it's definitely a win!

Regards,
Christoph

[1] http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/logistics/2011-November/001528.html