[Ambassadors] Applying to be a mentor

Truong Anh. Tuan tuanta at iwayvietnam.com
Sat Dec 24 14:37:52 UTC 2011

----- Original Message -----

Thanks John for your response.

I do believe that's something I have done. A lot of ambassadors in APAC
know me.

> and when needs for additional mentors in regions
> become known existing mentors recommend the additional of new mentors

I think this has been done. At least, Heherson Pagcaliwagan (also an
existing mentor) said that in bi-weekly APAC ambassadors meeting [1]
yesterday.
What should he/she/they do to nominate a new mentor?

I believe that I can support Vietnamese better to help them go on board
with us, to be Fedora contributors. I also think I can support others
(non-Vietnamese) well with my experience.

> and FAmSCo considers approving those nominated.

I hope that.

> I'm a bit confused because I already see your name on the ambassador
> mentor list. Have you not been approved already?
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors_Join_choose_a_mentor

That I have added myself to the list. It's a step I see in NewMentors
wiki page [2]. Is that correct?

> > I also applying to join into the Mentor group as described on wiki
> > [1].
> > Which other things I need to be done more?
>
> Generally you just need to wait until you are asked to help.

Thanks, I will start with the first request from a Vietnamese FOSS
activist who would like to join with us.

[1] http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2011-12-24/apac.2011-12-24-04.00.html
[2] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mentors/NewMentors

Kind regards,
Tuan