[Ambassadors] Pictures from FOSDEM 2011

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Tue Feb 8 14:38:07 UTC 2011

On 02/08/2011 03:51 PM, Bert Desmet wrote:

> what I don't totally understand is why
> 1. people take so much media and swag (I mean, you could already
> download F14 a long time ago)

Here is a personal anecdote: each time I go to a FUDCon I have a guy
from the larger community (he contributes to various localizations, but
not directly to Fedora) asking me to bring a couple of "original" CDs, I
talked a bit with him about why "originals" and understood is more
valuable for him to have the discs produced in a factory, with pretty
sleeves and looking "official"... is a perception thing, I guess.