[Ambassadors] Ambassador Group Role for 2011 - was [FAmSCo] almost done with current year's budget

Larry Cafiero larry.cafiero at gmail.com
Sat Feb 12 02:59:55 UTC 2011

I agree with Neville here, and for the same reasons. I, too, am not (much
of) a programmer -- but I'm working on it -- and my skills around media, as
in "news media," make being an Ambassador (and working in Marketing, which I
don't do enough of, I confess) the best fit for me. And I think it's a good
practice for Ambassadors and Mentors -- especially Mentors -- to guide those
who may have a special talent or interest to match the Ambassador with the
department in Fedora that best suits him or her.

One thing that hasn't been discussed -- or I missed it -- is that many
people who want to participate in Fedora and don' t know where to start
usually start in Ambassadors and make their way to QA or other departments
on the programming/engineering side because they do have the skill set.
While we end up "losing" them in Ambassadors, they usually find a home in
some other part of Fedora, and that's a win for us.

Larry Cafiero