[Ambassadors] Ambassador Group Role for 2011 - was [FAmSCo] almost done with current year's budget

Caius 'kaio' Chance kaio at fedoraproject.org
Sat Feb 12 05:03:09 UTC 2011

I also agree with Neville and Larry. IMHO why don't we accept someone to
express their loves of Fedora before he/she has contributed to any other
Fedora sub-projects? There are many Fedora users (or even non users) are
happy to Fedora and want to spread the word. e.g. I have a 14 years young
Fedora ambassador candidate, who does not even own his computer and all he
can play with Fedora is to create a virtual machine on his father's laptop.
Should we keep him out of the fun Fedora had been giving him and reject his
help for telling everyone he meets how good Fedora is?

Let ambassadors remain as the guide of Fedora. Experienced ambassadors can
assist the new ambassadors better skills in promoting Fedora and encourage
them to contribute other parts of it, but not require them. No rules may be
needed because we have mentors and experienced ambassadors already. We
documents guidelines, not rules. Remember the "freedom" in our 4Fs.

K410

Regards ☺ Caius 'kaio' Chance
Fedora Project Contributor - http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Kaio
[IRC] kaio @ freenode | [Twitter] @K410 | [Blog] kaio.net