[Ambassadors] Ambassador Group Role for 2011 - was [FAmSCo] almost done with current year's budget

Joerg Simon jsimon at fedoraproject.org
Sat Feb 12 10:09:05 UTC 2011

Am 12.02.2011 03:59, schrieb Larry Cafiero:
> One thing that hasn't been discussed -- or I missed it -- is that many
> people who want to participate in Fedora and don' t know where to start
> usually start in Ambassadors and make their way to QA or other
> departments on the programming/engineering side because they do have the
> skill set. While we end up "losing" them in Ambassadors, they usually
> find a home in some other part of Fedora, and that's a win for us.

This is exactly the point - people sometimes start in Ambassadors and
make their way. But Ambassadors as a Group is not a starting Group, this
is also discussed and agreed in the past. Ambassadors are usally skilled
Contributors and as example India has very strong rules to join the
Group while others not which is the way we handle it in the Ambassaodrs
Group. But i was talking about an overall Goal from Board and FAmSCo, to
help the whole Project with this goal, not only the Ambassadors Group.

requote;

*"It is extraordinarily easy to join the Fedora community and quickly
find a project to work on."*  Clarified as:
    * Example: Quickly find project to work on
    * Example: Improving the new user experience
    * Example: Mentorship
    * Example: Helping users become contributors
    * Example: raise the role of the Ambassadors as a first point of
contact for new Contributor on our Media, Website...
    * Example: Ambassadors as Taskjugglers for new Joiners

find the details in my first mail.

cu Joerg
--
Joerg (kital) Simon
jsimon at fedoraproject.org
http://kitall.blogspot.com
Key Fingerprint:
3691 0989 2DCA 58A2 8D1F 2CAC C823 558E 5B5B 5688