[Ambassadors] Ambassador Group Role for 2011 - was [FAmSCo] almost done with current year's budget

Pierros Papadeas ppapadeas at gmail.com
Sat Feb 12 20:21:14 UTC 2011

As the mentoring procedure is guidelined by FAmSCo we should gather
all the mentors for a town-hall to make sure everything is in place
(we are all on the same page).

Larry (our town hall master) can you set it up? (possibly it could be
two...for timezone reasons)

The issues that need to be communicated to mentors are :

- Selection by previous involvement in Fedora (is it happening?)
- Clarification that Ambassadors is not a "starting group" (so no
hesitation to direct people somewhere else)
- No apparent conflict of interest (but be clear on what you do "when"
and under "which" hat)
- New Ambassadors must be familiar with the basics of all other Fedora
Projects (contact persons, join procedures) (so they can give the tour
to possible contributors)
- <possibly I miss sth here>

All those have been agreed in the past (either in FAmSCo or
Ambassador-wide), but we need this town-hall to end all speculation
and doubt. Let's get those over ladies and gentlemen :)

~π

ps. we know that mentors do fantastic job :) this meeting is only to
clarify things in project scale...

--
Pierros Papadeas
PGP key: 0x6130DBF8