[Ambassadors] Ambassadors Standard Operating Procedures

Pierros Papadeas ppapadeas at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 15:04:50 UTC 2011

Hello Ambassadors!

During the past month FAmSCo has pushed forward the creation of the
Ambassadors SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures)
An SOP is essentially a How-To to guide you through a process of doing
something within the Ambassadors Project. They act as reference and
training material for the newcomers too. The also document processes
that few people do and must be documented to make sure someone may
continue their tasks.

As expected we used our beloved wiki, and with a little help from our
Infrastructure team (they already have many SOPs) we kickstarted ours.

You may find our landing page for the SOPs here :

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors_SOPs

and some sample SOPs here :
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Hosting_an_IRC_meeting_SOP
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Leaving_Ambassadors_SOP

We even have an SOP on creating an SOP :) So make sure you read it
before helping:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Creating_a_Ambassadors_SOP

Our goal is to transfer all the How-to knowledge throughout the wiki
pages of Ambassadors and consolidate it as our SOPs.
Thus they can be easily referenced, maintained and modified.

Some SOP titles that we will work from now on are:
"Requesting Swag SOP"
"Setting up a booth SOP"
"Creating material SOP"

We hope you like the idea, and will help us with edits and comments :)
Please feel free to step up and create yours, and do not forget to
announce it on our mailing list so other can join you on creating it!

Warm regards,

Pierros Papadeas
Chair of FAmSCo

--