[Ambassadors] We are looking for your ideas and suggestions for Fedora Classroom Topics. :)

Jesús Franco jefrancomix at gmail.com
Sun Jan 16 02:59:31 UTC 2011

FYI, i've started a similar quest, and i'd like to share with you:
http://blogs.fedoraproject.org/wp/escuela/2010/11/05/where-should-we-begin-%c2%bfpor-donde-comenzamos/

        Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2011 01:58:18 -0500
        From: David Ramsey <diamond_ramsey at hotmail.com>

        Hello Everyone,

        Greetings. :)

        We are looking for your ideas and suggestions for Fedora Classroom Topics.  :)
        ======================================
        For example, I am interested in Virtualization, SELinux and System Administration.

I think everyone of this is rather difficult to fit into the
one-and-a-half hour timeframe for Fedora Classroom's sessions.

Maybe a model we could try is what Gleducar southamerican association
is running in its "Campus": http://moodle.gleducar.org.ar/

They run several "Self-taught groups" separated in several groups in
its moodle. There is one for moodle itself, plus others like Joomla!,
mediawiki, wordpress, HTML5/CSS3, and so on.

Another one is Squeak/Etoys, and its application to teaching at K12
schools, in the moot of another similar efforts of teaching kids with
Logo, Scratch and other programming-driven methodologies. I think
Alberto Bonacina could be interested in not what free apps we have for
teaching, but how we actually deploy courses for engaged learning.

        Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2011 09:45:39 +0100
        From: Alberto Bonacina <bonacina.alberto at gmail.com>

        2011/1/15 David Ramsey <diamond_ramsey at hotmail.com>:
        > * What Fedora Classroom Topics, are you interested in?

        I'm interested in FreeSoftware for Learning, I made also a university
        degree thesis about this topic.

        Greetings,
        Alberto Bonacina

I've talked with Karsten Wade a couple of months ago, and shared with
him and in Category:Fedora School in our wiki, an initiative to run a
moodle hosting courses for Fedora users and contributors. At Fedora
Latam we are beginning to run http://moodle.proyectofedora.org/ but the
real question is:

We need "teachers" for user-driven courses helping each other to hack
with real problems using the software provided by Fedora Project. This
could amplify the effort today invested in mailing lists and wiki,
engaging people sharing the effort to use (and contribute to) our
documentation, and apply it to their daily tasks.

What do you think? Would you like "Groups of self-teaching" about
SELinux, publican, Virtualization, Design and Accessibility, SCM with
tools like git, Sysadmin tools and SOPs?

Are you interested in become a teacher with moodle for Fedora Project?

Best regards.
--
Salud, tierra y libertad
Jesús Franco http://identi.ca/tzk