[Ambassadors] We are looking for your ideas and suggestions for Fedora Classroom Topics. :)

Jesús Franco tezcatl at fedoraproject.org
Thu Jan 20 06:22:17 UTC 2011

El jue, 20-01-2011 a las 11:15 +0530, Ankur Sinha escribió:
> On Sat, 2011-01-15 at 01:58 -0500, David Ramsey wrote:
> > Hello Everyone,
> >
> > Greetings. :)
> >
> > We are looking for your ideas and suggestions for Fedora Classroom
> > Topics.  :)
> sessions. If you can teach a class, it would be great.
>
> Thanks,
> regards,
> Ankur
>
> [1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Classroom#Suggest_a_class

As i've said to Ankur on the classroom ML, i'd like to suggest folks to
share their drafts of how you think we could cover the themes suggested
(or starting a new topic at all). I think some ideas like SELinux or
SysAdmin are so *huge* than would be certainly difficult to cover it in
just one-and-a-half hour class and in the best of cases it would be
certainly become a bunch of "Read The Fine HowTo's located here, here,
and here". Not too much my idea of a real learning ;)

For sure you can come along those huge areas and slice it on smaller
pieces manageable on minor topics. That way we could cover on hands-on
practical sessions of how to commiting increasingly complex tasks and at
least we'd become more people able to help in more areas into Fedora.

BTW, i've started the draft for a crash introductory course to make docs
with Publican, and i'll start to work tomorrow in a draft of an
introduction to git. I'm not expert in anyone of that, but i'm making my
own experiments and i'd love to share the little bit i've learned with
people needing a hand. Or, even better, assist a real expert who can
arrange his/her time to share a bit of their knowledge with us.

As Richard Fontana (@fontana) has said on identi.ca:

"Ask not what free software can do for you; ask what you can do for free
software!"

Kind regards.
--
Salud, tierra y libertad