[Ambassadors] FAD @ Brisbane 2011 will go on! (was Re: LCA 2011 and FAD Brisbane)

Caius 'kaio' Chance kaio at fedoraproject.org
Tue Jan 25 08:18:46 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 1:39 PM, Caius 'kaio' Chance <kaio at fedoraproject.org
> wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 12:48 PM, Heherson Pagcaliwagan <
> herson at azneita.org> wrote:
>
>> 2011/1/24 Caius 'kaio' Chance <kaio at fedoraproject.org>:
>> > Thanks gbraad for writing about this.
>> >
>> > I am also very concern about the FAD Brisbane and want it happens as
>> planned
>> > rather than just a meet up meal. Let's do our best to get new venue in a
>> > week.
>> >
>> > All who are going to FAD please reply and please ping me on irc and
>> gtalk.
>> > Thanks! :)
>>
>> Just got online today (conference venue) and I'm still in the dark
>> with FAD venue. Just met with sgordon after his talk and he's pretty
>> much concerned about that too. The only thing that is definite right
>> now is Open Day.
>>
>> I hope to get my room wireless access later today so I can be accessible.
>>

>> > K410
>> >
>> > Rgds, Caius 'kaio' Chance - http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/user:kaio(sent
>> > from mobile device)

> So for FAD venue we just need a place with "enough" wireless internet, can
> stay for a day (6 hours maybe) without disturb and can book with short
> notice?
>
> Any possible choices at the moment? About the cake I am going to ask my
> local bakers will post the info here tonight.

Hi all,

I have just booked Brisbane Square Library as the new venue for the FAD @
Brisbane. And I have booked the "cool green room"! There will be capacity of
6 - 8 person so LUGs are not able to invited this time unfortunately.

Time has been changed to 10am - 245pm and so will details of our meals
likely. The internet is not provided by the library except library member,
but I will share my 3G internet by my Android phone and ~1.2GB quota only.

All I want you (ambassadors at Brisbane and RH people who interested) RSVP
on the wiki page [1]. Then we can start update the schedule and allocate
some talks or activities or etc.

Look forward to your responses. :)

Regards,
kaio