[Ambassadors] Request for comments : Fedora media distribution process draft

Ankur Sinha sanjay.ankur at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 10:00:01 UTC 2011

On Fri, 2010-12-10 at 11:37 +0500, Mustafa Qasim wrote:
> I am referring to the single media provider list. I think a regional
> ambassador and mentor would look same in the media provider list as
> people would be concerned about who can give or help us get the media.
> So, for country Alpha there will be a list of individuals A, B, C,
> D ... who can provide or help to get media and it doesn't matter if
> that individual is a mentor, ambassador or just a usual user.
>
> Maintenance / Update of media provider list should be done by active
> ambassador(s) from that country so, we can ask someone in case of any
> complaints against media providers.
>
> User's Prespective:
> For users they should see a neat and "verified" list of persons listed
> under countries. They may chose anyone and volunteer can also update
> their availability chances/status next to their name and contact info.
> User should be told clearly how to escalate in case of no response
> from the volunteer.

Hi,

I sincerely apologise for the delay. The mail got filtered off to the
wrong place. I'm currently working on updating the Distribution pages on
the wiki. A call for participation in the mini fad must have just hit
the list. The mini fad aims at updating and verifying pages. Currently,
the target are the vendors' lists but hopefully we'll have more of these
to update the other pages as well.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Remote_Mini_Wiki_Editing_FAD2_2011

Thanks for taking time out to work on this.

Regards,
Ankur