[Ambassadors] [JM2L - 27th November 2010] Report

Couret Charles-Antoine cacouret at wanadoo.fr
Wed Jan 26 23:51:56 UTC 2011

Dear ambassadors,
Yes I am very late in publishing this report, I apologize. However, as
it is important to back our operations I do it anyway.

Then JM2L (Journées Méditerranéennes des Logiciels libres) is place
every year in late November by Linux Azur association.
For me, it was my first event that is not installed party related to
Free Software, and I was invited as President a local club (Club for
CILL ISEN, about Free Software). In particular to discuss organizing the
RMLL (Rencontres Mondiales des Logiciels Libres), in South of France.

However I took the opportunity to promote Fedora and the Project as a
together. Already because my club was in charge of the party to install
the event was therefore installed Fedora we presented to
Users who want to know what the right thing. In standI spoke with a few
Fedora users, some were even excited about our distribution (I had
interesting returnto use PulseAudio in particular and he thanked Fedora
just for that).

Then thanks to this event I have started to let me know, people the
neighborhood know I'm promoting Fedora in the region andI can talk to
them or help them.
In short, a good atmosphere and it was a rewarding experience. Material
side we got some donations for a T-shirt and 15 CDs.

I also spoke with the organization for next year (well, in November this
year) if I could make possible a conference on Fedora, I restarted the
discussion and the organizers have no cons.

The report in Wiki :
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Journ%C3%A9es_M%C3%A9diterran%C3%A9ennes_du_Logiciel_Libre_2010

Regards,
Charles-Antoine Couret