[Ambassadors] Running a successful event (Was: Re: Meeting notes for APAC meeting on Saturday, January 29th, 2011 at 04:00 UTC. :))

Pierros Papadeas ppapadeas at gmail.com
Sun Jan 30 17:34:12 UTC 2011

On Sun, Jan 30, 2011 at 8:02 AM, Gerard Braad <gbraad at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> Hi Buddhika,
>
> 2011/1/30 Buddhika Kurera <bckurera at fedoraproject.org>:
>> I ll check this, thanks for the tip.
>> cheeeers
>> Buddhike Chandradeepa Kurera
>
> It might be a good idea to also get in touch with Pierros as at the
> moment as FAmSCo we are writing SOP which mention these topics. It
> would be a waste of effort of both sides is we re-invent the wheel.
>
> kind regards,

Hi all!

We are indeed looking forward of forming a SOP (kind of formal How to)
about running an event.
After the last FAmSCo meeting, we decide to call it "Participating in
an Event" as we have two different scenarios :

1. A Fedora Ambassador(s) participates (with talk, workshop and/or
booth) on an foss or related event (thus a "Participating in an Event
SOP")
2. A Fedora Ambassador(s) organizes a Fedora Specific Event (FAD,
FUDCon, Fedora Coffee) (different set of SOPs :) )

You might want to start the "Participating in an Event SOP" by
following the instructions here [1] or wait for me to start it :)
(I'll get round to it! I promise!)

Warm regards,
Pierros

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors_SOPs