[Ambassadors] FUDCon APAC bids

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 08:54:05 UTC 2011

On 07/04/2011 11:23 AM, Max Spevack wrote:
> * The NA FUDCon is always the largest one in terms of overall size, and
> it gets a bit more money.

I estimate India will certainly be in a comparable size to NA if not
larger but certain things are certainly cheaper in India

> * In all cases, if a FUDCon is being planned transparently and the
> budget needs are clear, if more budget is needed, we'll find that extra
> money.  $20k for NA and EMEA and $15k for LATAM and APAC is a relatively
> firm guideline, but not without flexibility.

Good to know.   I was concerned about this in the last FAmSCo meeting

http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2011-07-02/famsco.2011-07-02-14.02.log.html

14:33:06 <jsmith> gbraad: I agree, but I'm not sure what there is to
discuss.  The budgets are fixed, and should not exceed the fixed amounts.
14:33:38 <gbraad> jsmith: APAC's economy has also grown a lot recently
and should be considere
14:34:06 <igorps> gbraad, do we have a estimate for all costs together?
14:34:41 <gbraad> jsmith: this is important to future events. our target
for this year is clear. 15K max without sponsoring
14:34:44 <jsmith> gbraad: Yes, I understand that.  We may re-evaluate
for next year, but for this year (Red Hat's fiscal year), the budgets
are set.

Rahul