[Ambassadors] Fedora Laptop Stickers

inode0 inode0 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 13:15:41 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 2:15 AM, Kévin Raymond <shaiton at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 4:29 AM, inode0 <inode0 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> FAmNA is pricing nice 3" Fedora laptop stickers again and it is
>> becoming apparent that if we purchase in larger quantities we will get
>> a very nice discount. These are the same stickers given out in the
>> "thank you" offer although slightly larger (3" vs. 2.5"). Would other
>> regions be interested in going in on a larger worldwide purchase with
>> us? We could transport these to the upcoming FUDCons with little
>> expense.
>>
>> Here is a picture of the 2.5" version of the sticker:
>>
>> http://spot.fedorapeople.org/sticker-pic.jpg
>>
>> Let us know if you'd like to join us in this order.
>>
> Thank you!
> That's really great, so beautiful!
> We don't have any stickers left in France, and we always have requests
> from contributors.
>
> EMEA would be interested for sure. Would be nice to get them in our
> next FUDCon (end of September).
> Any idea about prices?

It appeared that from our initial quote 5000 of these would cost NA
around $1,000 but the marginal cost of adding an additional 5000 might
be as low as $300. Given that low marginal cost I thought we should
seriously consider a much larger order so we are requesting quotes for
12000, 16000, and 20000 now and expect to have those quotes in hand
within a week.

NA won't be making any decision on this until we see those quotes and
we'll share the costs with others who might want to join with us
before we order. So stayed tuned for about a week and we'll see what
the final numbers are for larger orders.

John