[Ambassadors] Los Angeles Fedora User | Ambassador Hopeful

inode0 inode0 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 20:01:03 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 12:23 AM, Christian Bryant <christian at linux.com> wrote:

> ----- Message from inode0 at gmail.com ---------
>     Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2011 20:45:12 -0500
>     From: inode0 <inode0 at gmail.com>
>
>> What a great introduction! I'm already looking forward to working with
>> you as a fellow ambassador.
>
> Thanks, John.  I have to admit I'm a bit nervous throwing myself out
> there like this since I'm not as technical as many of the Ambassadors
> I've had a chance to chat with, or Contributors in general, for that
> matter.  For me it's all about humanitarian and educational
> opportunities that FOSS happens to be an excellent tool for.  I went
> from GNU/Linux user to power user over a large span of time, and put
> most of my focus into configuration management and project management.
>
> Looking forward to representing Fedora here in Los Angeles.

Don't be nervous. You can largely create your own role in Fedora and
creating one that suits your interests and skills will make you a much
happier contributor than anything else will. We have bounced around
ideas about partnerships with non-profits before and perhaps you will
be the person to make something in that area happen.

John