[Ambassadors] FUDCon APAC bids

Joerg Simon jsimon at fedoraproject.org
Sun Jun 26 13:21:26 UTC 2011

On 06/25/2011 10:19 PM, Igor Pires Soares wrote:
> Here are the links:
> India bid: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon:India_2011
> China bid: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon:Bid_for_Beijing_2011
> Feel free to share your ideas, concerns and questions about both bids.
> FAmSCo members will cast a vote on this until next Tuesday and then make
> a recommendation for the next FUDCon APAC.

i want to suggest to use a clearer metric to make such a important
decission - the last decission making for FUDCon EMEA was done more on a
subjective/feeling bases - and left some people behind with the question
- why. Just +1 or -1 seems not enough!

We already had a more clear decission-making in 2010 with the decission
for the last FUDCon Panama 2011 where some concerns about Panama occured
from other countries inside LATAM - but with some simple components to
consider we could provide a good base for our decission - pro Panama.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?hl=de&key=tJN3ZgmqZ07GujYrcvUz-LQ&authkey=CM607IkH&hl=de#gid=0

From the reports - i see the FUDCon Panama was a good Event and the
decission right. So in the LATAM Case we could proof that the Panama Bid
is solid enough even if they did not had the highest score - but
combined with the subjective facts to consider the decission was
transparent.

FAmSCo please provide a clear base for your vote on the FUDConBids in
APAC! Feel free to improve the components listed in the spreadsheet by
things like "Visa Affairs", "expected Community growth in that region"
etc. ...

thanks Joerg
--
Joerg (kital) Simon
jsimon at fedoraproject.org
http://kitall.blogspot.com
Key Fingerprint:
3691 0989 2DCA 58A2 8D1F 2CAC C823 558E 5B5B 5688