[Ambassadors] FUDCon APAC bids

Alejandro Perez aeperezt at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 28 16:17:26 UTC 2011

Well I have been reading all about these bids and I think they did a
great job and the two of them has a great opportunity to make a
marvelous FUDcon. There are only two thinks I like to comment:

One of the things that was against Panama bid on Latam was the fact that
there were no many contributors on Panama, only 4 ambassadors and 2 of
them working on others areas of Fedora Project. So our goal was to bring
as many people that can contribute and show the local community how to
do so, that has lead us now to have 8 new translators and some more
packagers, with 8 working on become a packagers, this is small numbers
as contributors(but big numbers for Panama), but as I mention on the
Latam bid. If we only do FUDcon's where there are many contributors then
it is going to be difficult to empower local communities to become
Fedora Contributors. Not sure as what is the goal of a FUDcon but his
name mention Users and Contributors, in Panama we mix Contributors
bringing them from outsite with users and now we have more locals as
contributor. So to me FUDcon is also a way to identify local talent and
encourage them to become contributors.

As many have said it is a thought call to decide witch one should be the
host, and India can be a good place to bring more people together and
work on Fedora. China can be a great place to show how to become
contributors and empower that local community as happens on Panama.

As I have no other experience on FUDcon my opinion can have a very small
perspective.

My two cents.