[Ambassadors] FUDCon APAC bids

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 00:59:42 UTC 2011

On 06/29/2011 06:23 AM, Alejandro Perez wrote:
> Jeorg,
>
> You are right and we appreciate your help then, now adding something,
> when we compare the APAC bids with LATAM bids there is one difference
> not sure if it is a big difference or not, LATAM had 3 FUDcon before 2
> of them on Brasil which is where Fedora LATAM has more contribuidor
> therefore it was time to allow other areas to have FUDcon. In APAC case
> India is what Brasil is for LATAM, with no FUDcon there before. Hope
> this help making your decision.

That is not true.   I along with many others ran a FUDCon back in 2006
in Delhi as part of the Linux Asia conference.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon:FUDConDelhi2006

Of course,  FUDCon back then wasn't really anything at all like the
FUDCon's we run now.   It wasn't barcamp style with a community of
contributors participating and running hackfests etc but it was still a
FUDCon :-)

Rahul