[Ambassadors] Release party feedback / collecting ideas

Neville A. Cross neville at taygon.com
Wed Jun 29 03:46:16 UTC 2011

On Wed, 2011-06-29 at 00:07 +0200, Vinzenz Vietzke wrote:
> Dear Ambassadors,
>
> most of the Lovelock release parties are over. Now I'd like to collect
> some feedback on materials you used, especially the ones the Fedora
> Design Team produced. It would be great if some of you which held an
> event could answer the following questions:
>
> * Which material did you use?
> (Posters, leaflets, business cards, CDs...)

I used F15 Release Poster with a lot of success
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/ambassadors/2011-June/017649.html

People loved fedora baloons, I want to get more of those!!

There was also fedora bubble stickers.

I have some shinny case badjes, those are really cool. People fight over
them ;-)

> * Did you create some of that things yourself? If so - why?

I made two things:
One slide show with: 1) what is fedora? 2) What's new on Fedora15? 3)
some resources. Because those things are borring as a talk, having them
on a slide show in the entrance of the event helps.
One video about gnome-shell with tips and trics. Because I can make many
mistakes during the creation of the video and not show them to public.
Heres is a link. (It is in spanish)
http://blip.tv/yn1v/trucos-y-atajos-de-gnome-shell-en-fedora-15-5297797

> * Were there any things you wanted to use, but people at the event
> didn't like it?
>
> * Did you miss anything? What in detail?

I miss having a leaflet. I created one but turn old and some links were
outdated. I did not had time to create a new one. I have to admit that
this has local information.  If there is a general leaflet, with a blank
space for just a couple of links and emails for local contact, can be
nice.

> * Any ideas for material which you didn't miss, but think it might
> useful for your next event?

A poster for Live USB creator stations.