[Ambassadors] FUDCon APAC bids

Tiansworld tiansworld at fedoraproject.org
Wed Jun 29 11:48:39 UTC 2011

Guys,

I will be disappointed if China lost this chance.
As you have mentioned that:
India has held FUDCON bedore
India has more contributors and ambassadors
India is getting things done,
India has a big computing population and interested in Fedora

I want to say some thing about China Fedora community,
1. China also has a big computing population and interested in Fedora
2. The active contributors and ambassadors may not as many as they are
in India, but I want to use a simple L10n statistics to let you know
about Chinese contributors:
    98% and 84% of Fedora 15 and websites translation completed, ranged
at top 10 even top 5 among all L10n teams. L10n work before Fedora 15
lovelock were also well done.
3. More and more users become to contributors
4. More and more local user group begin to hold Fedora events.(Although
it's still in a low frequency and small scale, it's growing.) You may
refer to the recent event here:[1]
5. India's bidding page has more details on budget and pre-registration,
but this don't means China can not do better.

I can't speak out all of my feelings about this due to my limited
English level. But I am trying my best to let you know, that China
Fedora community, Chinese contributors are active with very high
enthusiasm. They are eager to hold Fudcon in their country.

Than you all.

[1] http://planet.fedoraproject.org/   search: The Log of Lovelock Event
@ Canton

Tiansworld