[Ambassadors] Fedora Friendly Companies and Organizations

Christian Bryant christian at linux.com
Wed Jun 29 17:12:54 UTC 2011

Regarding this list of companies and organizations local to each of us
that are Fedora (and Red Hat) friendly, is there a space on the Fedora
Wiki where this could be compiled by Ambassador location? Seems a
hefty task (despite falling from 700+ to 400+ ambassadors after
cleanup) but a useful one.

Thanks to Tuan Truong Anh, Christoph Wickert and Jukka Palander for
their feedback so far.

I would imagine there are hurdles to compiling the list, as well. 1)
Companies may not want to be listed. 2) IT orgs often change
technology direction and move to another GNU/Linux distro or away from
*NIX. 3) Companies come and go and the list would be out of date in
time for that reason. 4) And so on...

I can think of many benefits to having it including: 1) Job seekers
looking to target their skills. 2) Ambassadors seeking meeting space
and sponsors. 3) Ambassadors seeking recruits to the Fedora project.
4) Ambassadors seeking to spread the word about Fedora/Red Hat OS
updates and other news.

Cheers.

- Christian Bryant