[Ambassadors] LinuxCon Europe and others in Prague

Jiri Eischmann eischmann at redhat.com
Thu Jun 30 18:57:32 UTC 2011

Robyn Bergeron píše v Čt 30. 06. 2011 v 09:47 -0700:
> On 06/30/2011 09:19 AM, Jiri Eischmann wrote:
> > Hi,
> > there will be a kind of a super conference week in Prague because these
> > events will take place in one city within one week:
> >
> > LinuxCon Europe 2011 -
> > http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/linuxcon-europe
> > Linux Kernel Summit 2011 -
> > http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/linux-kernel-summit
> > Embedded Linux Conference Europe 2011 -
> > http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/embedded-linux-conference-europe
> > GStreamer Conference 2011 -
> > http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/conference/
> > Real Time Linux Workshop 2011 -
> > http://www.realtimelinuxfoundation.org/events/rtlws-2011/ws.html
> >
> > I'm wondering if Fedora folks are interested in any of these events.
> > Linux Kernel Summit is invitation-only and LinuxCon seems to be rather a
> > business conference since admission starts at $350. On other hand, I
> > read in the marketing mailing list that some Fedora ambassadors were
> > going to have a Fedora booth on LinuxCon North America 2011. So maybe we
> > can try to do the same for LinuxCon Europe.
> I'm happy to circle back with her and make arrangements for a booth at
> the LinuxCon in Europe (and the LinuxCon in Brazil, for that matter, if
> someone's interested in that), and then make sure she and the event
> owners get introduced.
>
> Like I said in the marketing list, though, we are only able to get 2
> free passes for Ambassadors.
>
> (And FYI for Ambassadors in NA: I'm putting LinuxCon on the meeting
> agenda for next week, and it looks like we have an event owner as well
> on the events page.)

I was in touch with Angela a few days ago because I was examining ways
how Red Hat could get involved, but since we have people in Brazil
interested as well I would recommend that we try to negotiate all events
in one and get the same deal for all. If you've already spoken with
Angela about LinuxCon NA can you please try to get the same deal for
Europe and Brazil as, too?
I promise I will take care of a booth on the Europe one.

Jiri