[Ambassadors] EMEA ambassadors meeting 2011-03-09 minutes

Joerg Simon jsimon at fedoraproject.org
Wed Mar 9 22:41:21 UTC 2011

On 03/09/2011 10:44 PM, Christoph Wickert wrote:
> Thanks everybody who attendet the meeting. For the others, here are the
> minutes.

looks like i good meeting - two things to add from my side

> 22:03 < cwickert> #topic: Strategic Goals
> 22:03 < cwickert> FAMSCo picked goal #4
> 22:04 < cwickert> "It is extraordinarily easy to  join the Fedora
> community and quickly find a project to work on. - from  the
> Ambassadors Group Side"
> 22:04 < cwickert> I have no idea what to do here
> 22:04 < cwickert> too bad no FAmSCo member is with us today

I know that Pierros in the Air right now flying back from his Mozilla
Trip establishing this ReMo Initiative for Mozilla
http://pierros.papadeas.gr/?p=215 - seems we Ambassadors are upstream too ;)

I already posted my thoughts on this goal 4 for further discussions
http://kitall.blogspot.com/2011/02/ambassador-group-role-for-2011.html
i hope we all can guide FAmSCo here with more ideas.

> 22:33 < cwickert> kital was to get quotes for t-shirts, caps,
> umbrellas, scarfs, bags
> 22:33 < cwickert> perhaps we should help kital a little

thanks Christoph - if the process for ordering and shipping is back in
place i can handle it - but as long as there is no clear process i canĀ“t
handle anything because it is my name under the bill - (there is no one
anymore for me to call ;) - no way that i waste my time with asking,
waiting, trouble ;) ...

But with the last Finance SIG meeting and with Max promise on the Debit
Cards there is light at the end of the tunnel - not sure if this
metapher works ;)

I have big hopes that also shipping inside Europe will be partially
solved then, because we also can pay shipping with the debit card ...

No big deal to contact our good friends at santa fe tex for getting
t-shirts, caps, umbrellas, scarfs, bags done as soon as i know where the
bill goes or if i can pay it with the Debit Card.

Thanks for the great meeting!!!

lg Joerg
--
Joerg (kital) Simon
jsimon at fedoraproject.org
http://kitall.blogspot.com
Key Fingerprint:
3691 0989 2DCA 58A2 8D1F 2CAC C823 558E 5B5B 5688