[Ambassadors] EMEA ambassadors meeting 2011-03-09 minutes

Pierros Papadeas ppapadeas at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 23:02:58 UTC 2011

2011/3/9 Joerg Simon <jsimon at fedoraproject.org>:
> On 03/09/2011 10:44 PM, Christoph Wickert wrote:
>> Thanks everybody who attendet the meeting. For the others, here are the
>> minutes.
>
> looks like i good meeting - two things to add from my side

Great meeting indeed :) Thanks Cristoph for hosting it!

>> 22:03 < cwickert> #topic: Strategic Goals
>> 22:03 < cwickert> FAMSCo picked goal #4
>> 22:04 < cwickert> "It is extraordinarily easy to  join the Fedora
>> community and quickly find a project to work on. - from  the
>> Ambassadors Group Side"
>> 22:04 < cwickert> I have no idea what to do here
>> 22:04 < cwickert> too bad no FAmSCo member is with us today
>
> I know that Pierros in the Air right now flying back from his Mozilla
> Trip establishing this ReMo Initiative for Mozilla
> http://pierros.papadeas.gr/?p=215 - seems we Ambassadors are upstream too ;)

I am indeed flying between airports right now. And "YES" Ambassadors
are "upstream".
In Mozilla we are right now establishing a group codenamed ReMo
(Representatives Mozilla) which resembles a lot the Fedora Ambassadors
Program.
Hopefully you guys can give your feedback on that and why not join us :)

> I already posted my thoughts on this goal 4 for further discussions
> http://kitall.blogspot.com/2011/02/ambassador-group-role-for-2011.html
> i hope we all can guide FAmSCo here with more ideas.
>
>> 22:33 < cwickert> kital was to get quotes for t-shirts, caps,
>> umbrellas, scarfs, bags
>> 22:33 < cwickert> perhaps we should help kital a little
>
> thanks Christoph - if the process for ordering and shipping is back in
> place i can handle it - but as long as there is no clear process i can´t
> handle anything because it is my name under the bill - (there is no one
> anymore for me to call ;) - no way that i waste my time with asking,
> waiting, trouble ;) ...
>
> But with the last Finance SIG meeting and with Max promise on the Debit
> Cards there is light at the end of the tunnel - not sure if this
> metapher works ;)

It works, but I think this is not the case.
Credit Cards will be given to Ambassadors around the world and will
facilitate operations of Ambassadors Group (overseen by Famsco) around
the world.
Now the Finance SIG will manage budget outside Famsco and make use the
the situation of the credits cards when needed.

> I have big hopes that also shipping inside Europe will be partially
> solved then, because we also can pay shipping with the debit card ...

Indeed, it will be much easier

> No big deal to contact our good friends at santa fe tex for getting
> t-shirts, caps, umbrellas, scarfs, bags done as soon as i know where the
> bill goes or if i can pay it with the Debit Card.

Please do so Joerg :) (most certainly will be payed by your credits cards)

Thanks all once again for this great meeting and my sincere apologies
for not joining you!

~pierros