[Ambassadors] TXLF Crunch Time

Larry Cafiero larry.cafiero at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 17:44:29 UTC 2011

On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 7:11 AM, Adam Miller
<maxamillion at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> "do we need 64-bit media?" and if so, is there
> some sitting in reserves somewhere? I don't know that 64-bit is 100%
> necessary, but it was something I wanted to bring up for discussion
> anyways.

Well, without starting this debate, I have some 64s I can send you.
The only event I have left is Linux Fest Northwest and while I haven't
done it in a couple of years, my experience there has been that the
event is so close to the next Fedora release that people aren't too
revved up to take media for the last release, so I'm flexible in that
department.

Let me know if you need more 64-bit installs and I can send them to you.

> Budget:
>    I want to allow for 2-4 Fedora Ambassadors to be sponsored from out
> of town (but still Texas local for travel costs). I have outlined in the
> wiki page my proposal for hotel costs and travel reimbursement for fuel.
> Please let me know what thoughts are on those topics.
>    It is proposed that we sponsor the TXLF as Silver sponsors which
> will cost $1000 but if that is outside the confines of the budget I
> would at minimum like to have a Bronze sponsorship status.

The budget looks OK to me, but I have to ask about the hotel situation
and people coming from out of town (and it might be a good idea to
point out on the wiki who's in Austin and can commute and who's coming
from out of town). The wiki says that there is "no room at the inn, "
so to speak -- is there a place where we can put the folks traveling
in?

My own personal feeling is that you should sponsor at the $1,000 level
and budget accordingly. It's something we've done for awhile now to
thank events for promoting FOSS in general and allowing us to promote
Fedora in particular. Again this is my own opinion: I don't know what
the level was last year, but if it was Silver, then you should sponsor
at that level.

> If there are any questions or concerns please feel free to ask!

None so far, other than to say "thanks" for taking this up for TXLF
and let some of us who have done this a few times to let us help.

Larry Cafiero