[Ambassadors] TXLF Crunch Time

Adam Miller maxamillion at fedoraproject.org
Mon Mar 21 19:41:53 UTC 2011

On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 10:44:29AM -0700, Larry Cafiero wrote:
<SNIP>
> Let me know if you need more 64-bit installs and I can send them to you.

That would be great if you don't mind sending them, I will email you my
address off list for that.

<SNIP>
> The budget looks OK to me, but I have to ask about the hotel situation
> and people coming from out of town (and it might be a good idea to
> point out on the wiki who's in Austin and can commute and who's coming
> from out of town). The wiki says that there is "no room at the inn, "
> so to speak -- is there a place where we can put the folks traveling
> in?
This status just changed, I spoke with a member of the hotel staff today
and it would appear that some space opened up that was not previously
opened and I went ahead and reserved it for sake of having the space.

wiki updated:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Texas:LinuxFest_2011

> My own personal feeling is that you should sponsor at the $1,000 level
> and budget accordingly. It's something we've done for awhile now to
> thank events for promoting FOSS in general and allowing us to promote
> Fedora in particular. Again this is my own opinion: I don't know what
> the level was last year, but if it was Silver, then you should sponsor
> at that level.

The budget just shifted slightly, reflections and new totals on the wiki.
Comments/thoughts welcome.

-AdamM