[Ambassadors] Some budget questions

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 21 23:53:54 UTC 2011

Am Montag, den 21.03.2011, 19:11 -0400 schrieb Max Spevack:
> FY11 (March 2010 - Feb 2011):
>
> May 2010 -- 3080 EUR F13 media
> Jan 2011 -- 5000 EUR F14 media

BTW: We didn't use the whole budget but because of the late order we
only did 300 media for a total of 2,376.62 EUR = $3,380.

> FY11 total -- 8080 EUR
>
> The final budget numbers that you referenced are $3780 USD for F13 and
> $7980 USD for F14, for a total of $11,760.
>
> Going to Google *today* and typing in "8080 EUR in USD" gives me
> $11,493, which is pretty close.

Even if the total numbers match I wonder why the numbers for the
individual releases are so different. Where are they taken from? They
are obviously not the invoices but rather based on information you get
from your billing people, right?

> I think Red Hat does enough business in
> all parts of the world that it can get pretty good currency conversion
> rates, but keep in mind that MediaBit also charges Red Hat for shipping.

AFAIK shipping is already included in the invoices from MediaBit, at
least in the one I have and all others I have seen.

> So it feels to me like the numbers for EMEA media are about right.
>
> Does this help?

Yes it does. Thanks for sharing this information with us.

My question was more about where the numbers are from than if the
numbers were correct. I didn't expect you to go through all the bills of
the last years now because we all trust you. I think you have more
important things to do and we should try to help you. I hope the
Financial SIG is a good approach to share the workload and have more
transparency.

Regards,
Christoph