[Ambassadors] [EMEA] - Cheat Cube decission was Re: EMEA ambassadors meeting 2011-03-23 minutes

Joerg Simon jsimon at fedoraproject.org
Thu Mar 24 10:06:39 UTC 2011

On 03/24/2011 10:08 AM, Christoph Wickert wrote:
> I feel the opposite is true: Swag should be centralized, because with
> the local approach causes more work and higher shipping costs.

I did not said it is the ideal way. With the infrastructure right now it
is easier to get reimbursed or pay by credit card or paypal. Until
solved - produce small ammounts for your event yourself - not ideal but
better than nothing - as we have it now!

Centralized production is more expensive and often require purchase
orders - which take for ever - and shipping from a centralized location
which i volunteered to do so as soon as Credit Card is in place.

>> Decissions by FAmSCo are done by quorum and every FAmSCo Member has the
>> same rights if it is comes to making decissions. But there is a
>> agreement with CommArch that FAmSCo Members can decide and agree a
>> ammount of budget themselves if it is under a fixed ammount - 400€. This
>> happened here and Zoltan had every right to take care for his region.
>> And Pierros had the right to decide without asking FAmSCo because the
>> ammount was low enough.
>
> Thanks for your clarification Jörg, but I still don't understand. One
> the one hand you say that decisions are done by a FAmSOc quorum, on the
> other you say that individual FAmSCo members can make a decision.

You can read the "but"? i want to clarify it more
s/but is a agreement/but there is a exception/s

I just pointed it out to clarify that there is the possibility for
FAmSCo Members to give a fast approval for lower ammounts so people can
produce the SWAG they need for their event - even if we think it is not
the ideal way - again better than nothing

>       * What happens if the quorum does not agree?

question does not apply here

>       * What happen if the ambassadors do not agree?

We are not the Borg, Ambassadors have every right to produce local SWAG
if they think it helps them to promote Fedora, if there is Budget for it
and FAmSCo is ok with the idea - therefore we elect them!

>       * Why are we discussing voting on things in the regional meetings
>         if a single FAmSCo member can make a different decision?

as said before we speak about a fixed ammount they can decide on!

>       * Does that mean that FAmSCo can make different decisions than the
>         local groups?

yes they can, as example if a local Ambassador Group want to produce a
small ammount of SWAG - they could decide to make it in a larger for the
whole region ;)

cu Joerg

--
Joerg (kital) Simon
jsimon at fedoraproject.org
http://kitall.blogspot.com
Key Fingerprint:
3691 0989 2DCA 58A2 8D1F 2CAC C823 558E 5B5B 5688