[Ambassadors] [EMEA] - Cheat Cube decission was Re: EMEA ambassadors meeting 2011-03-23 minutes

Onyeibo Oku twohotis at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 11:48:21 UTC 2011

On 03/24/2011 11:40 AM, Gerold wrote:

>> Another example, you just received some Fedora 14 media, but Fedora 15
>> is about to be released. How is that useful?

When we isolate the circumstances surrounding this blunder we come
across as insensitive. Every Ambassador that followed the production of
F14 Media knows we encountered peculiar problems and had to deal with
them impromptu.  We all know its a mess ... we should not dwell there.
I'd rather say thanks to Christoph for stepping up and clearing it. Its
done.  Let's discuss better way out and be more proactive about it.

>> We have usually received our media within two weeks after GA. I remember
>> the EMEA media for Fedora 13 were received almost a month after we had
>> started distributing ours. And that was only the first central
>> recipient, who then had to ship them over EMEA, adding more delay before
>> people can have their swag.
>>
>> This is not efficient.
> ^^

AGREED
Again, the we all expressed dismay when the Ambassador in-charge left on
vacation soon after receiving those.  Let us not make this look like its
been the routine.  OR HAS IT BEEN THIS WAY ALL THE WHILE ... I am new (I
may be naive ... but I witnessed some of those moments)

> Indeed Mathieu, I totally agree with you and I asked also yesterday for
> rethinking about the process to get medias. Imho, Medias must be available
> at the GA or not later than one week after; so there must be definitly a
> change of process. But to be honest, as long as other issues
> (Media-Wrangler, money, shipment, storage of medias, quantity etc.) is
> fixed, this is also nonsense.
> We discuss and discuss and again discuss, but nothing happens in many
> cases .-(

What is GA? Is it right to say 'Fixed'? or should be 'Agreed upon'?  The
two don't mean the same.