[Ambassadors] F14 media - last orders

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at googlemail.com
Sun Mar 27 12:32:12 UTC 2011

Am Sonntag, den 27.03.2011, 16:51 +0700 schrieb Truong Anh. Tuan:
> Hi friends,
>
> I have a dummy question:
> How much does a pack of xxx-media (500, 1000, etc.) cost in EU?
> I would like to have a small comparison with the one here.

Hi Tuan,

first of all some general rules:
      * Media are usually done in batches of 1000 because the sleeves
        are printed in batches of 1000. If we ordered smaller amounts,
        we just used white sleeves.
      * The prices also include some graphics work because the artwork
        produced by the design-team does not meet the requirements of
        the media company.
      * The goldmaster (the first media to press the others from) is
        very expensive (490 EUR). One more reason to make bigger
        batches.
      * The more you order the cheaper it gets. Not only for the
        individual batches but also for the overall order. In F13 we
        ordered 5000 media, this time we ordered only 3000 and the price
        for 1000 pieces was therefore higher.

For F14 we paid:
1000 CDs:  470 EUR + 36 EUR Graphics + 120 EUR VAT = 626 EUR
1000 DVDs: 680 EUR + 36 EUR Graphics + 136 EUR VAT = 852 EUR

You can find the detailed quotes and invoices for F13 and F14 at
http://cwickert.fedorapeople.org/media/

Regards,
Christoph