[Ambassadors] R: FUDCon Milan 2011 BID

Robyn Bergeron rbergero at redhat.com
Mon Mar 28 16:03:04 UTC 2011

On 03/28/2011 02:31 AM, Gerold wrote:
>> On 03/28/2011 10:42 AM, Vittorio Memmo wrote:
>>> Hi Francesco
>>> I'm planning to participate to the FUDCon of June (17-19).
>>> We'll keep in touch for the latest news about!
>> there is not yet a decission when and where the next FUDCon will take
>> place.
>> Jared has taken ownership to make the decission together with FUDCon
>> Planning Group, FAmSCo and others.
>> here are again all bids
>> Dublin (Ireland)
>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon:Bid_for_Dublin_2011
>> Milan (Italy)
>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon:Bid_for_Milan_2011
>> Budapest (Hungary)
>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon:Bid_for_Budapest_FUDCon_EMEA_2011
>> Zurich (Switzerland)
>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon:Bid_for_Zurich_2011
>> cu Joerg
>> --
>> Joerg (kital) Simon
>> jsimon at fedoraproject.org
>> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/JoergSimon
>> http://kitall.blogspot.com
>> Key Fingerprint:
>> 3691 0989 2DCA 58A2 8D1F 2CAC C823 558E 5B5B 5688
>> --
>> ambassadors mailing list
>> ambassadors at lists.fedoraproject.org
>> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/ambassadors
> Hi Jared, FUDCon Planning Group, FAmSCo and others!
> Is there still a dedicated workflow till when the decission should be
> taken or is this handled with "best effort"? Not that I need a hurry, but
> time for organising it e.g. in Dublin (June) and also Milano (one proposed
> date also in June) is shrinking day-by-day.
> I just want to point you to that unfunny situation with FUDCon EMEA last
> year. I don't think I must explain it more detailed, we're all aware of
> that situation where Max was blamed in public.
> Maybe you should (if possible) announce a date till when the decission is
> taken, so that all partys know, when there will be the official
> announcment and the start of taking action will be ...
> Thanks
> Gerold
Hi Gerold,

 From what I understand, both in watching the EMEA Ambassadors' meeting 
last week and the FAmSCo meeting over the weekend, Jared and Pierros are 
working together to set up a date this week to do decision making with 
the appropriate groups/people. I would expect that as soon as they have 
the time worked out they will let people know when that meeting will be, 
and when a decision will be announced.  (Jared, Pierros, please correct 
me if I'm wrong here.)

I also asked FAmSCo to add this to their ongoing meeting agenda so that 
they can follow up on status weekly until a decision is made.


> --
> ambassadors mailing list
> ambassadors at lists.fedoraproject.org
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/ambassadors

More information about the ambassadors mailing list