[Ambassadors] FAmSCo meeting minutes - 2011-05-14

Buddhika Chandradeepa Kurera bckurera at fossuser.lk
Sat May 14 18:58:56 UTC 2011

Hello,

Yes, as per the election rules election is required only if the number of
vacant seats increases upto 3 or more.[1]
An election is not required at this moment.

But I believe giving the opportunity to another Ambassador is good rather
than keeping it as vacant.
Ultimately it will simplify others work as well.

Therefore we can select the next one on the row for the vacant seats.

Ideas welcome :).

[1] - http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FAmSCo_election_rules#Seats_on_FAmSCo

On Sun, May 15, 2011 at 12:14 AM, inode0 <inode0 at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2011/5/14 Buddhika Kurera <bckurera at fedoraproject.org>:
> > Hello,
> > I do personally believe the vacant seats should be assigned to the
> > candidates who took highest number of votes.
> > As per the results [1] of the last election for FAmSCo, David Ramsey and
> > Gomez Savinoare the next on the list.
> > Therefore they can be appointed to the FAmSCo.
> > [1]
> > -
> http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/announce/2010-November/002893.html
>
> FAmSCo has rules governing what happens when there are open seats as
> explained here
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FAmSCo_election_rules
>
> If the number of filled seats drops below 5 then an election is called
> to fill open seats.
>
> John

*Buddhike Chandradeepa Kurera*
*Director - Foundation for Free and Open Software - Sri Lanka*
The Editor in Chief - FOSS User Magazine

*Email*: bckurera at fossuser.lk | *Phone*: (+94)-077-700-7521 | *Skype*:
buddhikakurera | *Fax*: (+1)-206-600-4462

"FOSS User Magazine (ISSN 2012-7650) is the first magazine for Free and Open
Source Software in Sri Lanka published by the Foundation for Free and Open
Software- Sri Lanka (FFOS -SL).
FOSS User Academia and FOSS User Research are the main projects carried out
by the Foundation besides the magazine. FFOS -SL is an
equal opportunity entity, for more information, visit www.fossuser.lk"