[Ambassadors] FAmSCo meeting minutes - 2011-05-14

Buddhika Kurera bckurera at fedoraproject.org
Sun May 15 10:02:07 UTC 2011

Hi,

Yes, as Gerard mentioned there is no need of removing anyone though
there are provisions.
Therefore there would not be 2 vacancies on FAmSCo but for the Larry's
one FAmSCo can appoint the next in row.
I dont see any need of pulling another election for that.

How ever keep it vacant till the term ends is not the option we need to seek.

In FAmSCo Larry was responsible for the budget therefore it is needed
to assign those responsibility to another member.
It is very important as F15 release is near.

On Sun, May 15, 2011 at 2:45 PM, Gerard Braad <gbraad at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> 2011/5/15 Buddhika Chandradeepa Kurera <bckurera at fossuser.lk>:
> > According to the FAmSCo reports Rahul was there only for one meeting out of
> > 14.
> > As per the Election Rule there are provision for removing members in the
> > committee.
>
> Hi,
>

> Personally I do not see any reason to remove Rahul. First of all, we
> as members have been in contact with Rahul on several occasions and
> believe he just has difficulty with arranging his time schedule. We
> all have paid day-time jobs and I understand it when this affects your
> participation. However, we also believe that the members themselves
> can indicate when they know they will not have the same amount of time
> and inform us about this. This is at least how it works for us in APAC
> ;-).
>
> At the moment I do see another issue within FAmSCo; we need to be more
> resilient to issues in budget management and handing over tasks to
> others.
>

> Gerard

Buddhike Chandradeepa Kurera