[Ambassadors] FAmSCo meeting minutes - 2011-05-14

inode0 inode0 at gmail.com
Sun May 15 14:14:42 UTC 2011

On Sun, May 15, 2011 at 5:51 AM, Gerard Braad <gbraad at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sun, May 15, 2011 at 6:02 PM, Buddhika Kurera
> <bckurera at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
>> How ever keep it vacant till the term ends is not the option we need to seek.
>
> I partially see an issue here, but it is probably for another reason
> than yours: at the moment NA is not represented by a FAmSCo member. As
> FAmSCo we will discuss this... it was my intention to put this on the
> agenda for the coming meeting. Together with the discussion for voting
> on a new mentor as we also lost one position in NA due to the
> resignation.

As someone from NA I see this completely differently. Larry and the
rest of FAmSCo represent all ambassadors. While it might be nice to
have one or more members of FAmSCo from each region, that isn't
necessary and it shouldn't really cause an issue for NA. If the
remaining members of FAmSCo don't think they represent ambassadors in
NA then I think that is a problem.

The last FAmSCo group was short one member for a substantial period of
time and this did not prevent it from continuing to effectively do its
work. The current Fedora Board has also been short one member for a
while without it causing any extreme hardship. So while I don't object
to replacing a missing member if that is what FAmSCo wants to do, I
don't think it is necessary. If you do choose to replace a missing
member I only ask that you do it in a way that is at least consistent
with current rules.

John