[Ambassadors] FAmSCo meeting minutes - 2011-05-14

David Nalley david at gnsa.us
Sun May 15 20:45:38 UTC 2011

Previous FAmSCo's have had members resign and it didn't cause undue problems.
Like John Rose, I don't particularly see a problem with NA not being
represented. FAmSCo has historically delegated well and meddled little
in regional affairs, and it isn't as if the non-NA FAmSCo members are
unknown to us.

Rather than a knee-jerk reaction to the resignation and a hurried
changing of the rules (which FAmSCo is fully empowered to do); I'd
rather see a thoughtful long term strategy considered by FAmSCo about
how to deal with attrition, and the other things that are unique to
FAmSCo. For instance, during my two terms on FAmSCo I found the end of
the calendar year (which is also the end of the term) to have pretty
high loss as far as meeting attendance and general participation if
election reform is going to be something addressed. Perhaps that means
a shift to following FESCo and the Board's election cycle where every
release cycle there's an election for 1/2 of the body, or perhaps it
means fewer meetings and an increased conversation level on the FAmSCo
list, or perhaps something even better that I haven't considered yet.