[Ambassadors] Event report: Solutions Linux in Paris

Kévin Raymond shaiton at fedoraproject.org
Thu May 19 16:45:57 UTC 2011

Solutions Linux Open Source 2011, event report.

That was an amazing event, with 250 booths over 6,000m², 10,000
visitors expected, 50 talks, Google I/O Extended, Intel Appup
promoving MeeGo, TV and cie.

That's a huge event where companies involved in Open Source spend time
close to NPOs contributing to Free OS, soft or ideas.

>From the Fedora Project side, we met lots of interesting peoples, from
simple users to old contributors by people who are looking for an
other OS, at least an other graphical environment (we heard a lot
about the "Ugly Unity"). We even met reporters writting about Open
Source software/hardware (with whome we need to write articles).

We also talked about the 3rd release of the fench Fedora magazine
called "Muffin", and the release party which is approaching. Some
people have asked us to install a Live Fedora 15 beta on their dongle,
great!

Thankfully, between the 5 of us, there was always someone available at
the booth, meeting the whole Open Source community. Thanks to these
contributors!

Some pictures are available there:
http://juliaj.free.fr/2011.05.10-11-12.Solutions%20Linux%20/SDC11947.JPG
http://juliaj.free.fr/2011.05.10-11-12.Solutions%20Linux%20/SDC11948.JPG